Has anyone used this? It's the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Jumperoo...not sure if my 14 week old will enjoy it or if its a waste of money and space

http://www.babiesrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3954743&camp=PPC:531769868&002=2195185&004=1773688470&005=19255822110&006=5290877550&007=Search&008=

hg216

Asked by hg216 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids had an exersaucer which is similar. They loved it for a short time. Between 4 and 7 months it was great. After that, once they could sit they never went in it again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my youngest had the jungle version of this and loved it until he couldn't go in it any longer. we also had an exersaucer but he prefered the jumparoo
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 7:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My kids had a jumperoo style thing. Not that exact one, it was the jungle one. But it was honestly, both of my kids, favorite thing to hang out in once they were stable enough to hold their head, move themselves around, etc. There was an exersaucer in the nursery at church and neither of them were as fond of it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• All three of my kids had a version of this and they loved it. Older kids walked early and I think it was because they strengthened their legs by jumping. My son used to go NUTs in his. My youngest has Down syndrome, so on her physical therapist's advice we used a jumparoo from the time she could hold her head up well. We stuffed blankets around her and it helped strengthen her core muscles. As she grew we added pillows underneath so her little legs could touch something. She was able to sit up by her first birthday (a big accomplishment for kids with DS) and now (at 5) runs laps around the playground at school.

Naturally, I think jumparoos are fantastic and you're lucky that now they make them to stand alone and you don't have to find a doorway to hang them in!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my boys loved theirs... i started putting them in it around 3 months and my 2 year old still tries to get in my neices....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• All three of mine love the jumparoo! It takes a lot of space but they all thought it was great!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Both of my children used their Jumparoo. Your 14 week old is probably too young for it, but he might enjoy it when he's older. It does take up a lot of space, but my son LOVED it. He'd spend as long as we'd let him in it, often wearing himself out. My daughter could take it or leave it. She'd rather be on the floor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• its good to have for when they are older but for a 14 week old i wouldnt because my daughter is gonna turn 6 months on january 31st and she has a bright starts jumperoo and she is too small still she is a big baby also , she is 17 lbs and 27 inches long and her feet barely touch and it is on the very 1st level !
    HavensMommy731

Answer by HavensMommy731 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• our lil guy LOVED his- ours was the jungle version. Even now he walks up to it and laughs and trys to make the music turn on. LOL cute! Enjoy that time
    TiggerNemo

Answer by TiggerNemo at 1:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2011