How Do You Feel About Obama's Support of Michal Vick?

Regardless of my politics, I don't think it's the President's place to get involved in sports.

I was appalled by Michael Vick's actions, and regardless of him "repaying his debt to society," I don't think he deserved a second chance in the NFL. He's no role model (like many of them). It would be nice to have the NFL hold their standards for players a little higher, and actually punish these guys for engaging in illegal acts. There's a lot of talent out there - let the good guys play.

Do you think Obama should have got involved? How do you feel about Vick playing?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 8:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• There's a lot of things BO should not have gotten involved with. To me, he should not have involved himself in the Cambridge police officer arrest, nor should he with the NFL or NBA, etc. And he should not be on late night talk shows until AFTER he's out of office IMO.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The president should not insert himself in this. He's done this before, like when his friend was arrested breaking into his own house. It makes him look less presidential.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't like the guy, but i don't think he should be denied his professional job for the rest of his life. His actions sickened me, but i do believe people can change. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, we're not holy enough to be the ones judging him.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I feel the same as you about the President but I don't really have an opinion on Vick. I could think about it and come up with a better answer but I just don't care. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think someone who could do what Vick did to those dogs is wrong in the head. Fighting them is sick and bad but the things he did to 'train' or punish them for fighting makes me think of Jeffrey Dahmer torturing and killing animals before he moved up to people.

I also think the govt needs to let sports handle themselves and pay attention to governing our country. I'm disappointed Obama would support someone like this.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• itsmesteph11 summed it up for me..
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He paid his dues for the crime. He took his punishment. What he did was wrong. I hope he earned his lesson. I do not care whether he plays in the NFL again or not. The President should keep his mouth shut on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't support either one of them, and I agree with previous posters - Obama has his nose in all kinds of matters where it really doesn't belong. Maybe that's why he's having such a hard time taking care of the things that are actually his job.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He needs to worry over other issues than the NFL.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• if the president wants to get involved in sports do it after he leaves office..doesn't he have more important matters to discuss then what's going on in the NFL....

girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011