I need some good advise on what kind of dicipline is effective for a 12 year boy

Asked by Star1964 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• give him more chores and reading to u time.

Answer by Tonia474 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Taking away privileges works for my son. I also have a chore chart, and if all the chores aren't done he doesn't get allowance for that week.

Answer by Scuba at 9:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Depends on what the problem is...If he is acting like an ungreatful, disrespectful brat, then take everything away except some clothes, bed and food. Then when he learns respect he can earn it all back...

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I find that when you take things away or ad more chores for a week they buckle down,they hate having cell phones taken away and its not easy but it teaches them respect and gives you more time to spend with them.

Answer by mama126 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Chores and taking away privileges, Tv, Video games, toys
    Be consistent.

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well, I am going through the same exact thing with my thirteen year old son. I was yelling and getting pissed when he would have a smart mouth, etc. Well for the last couple of months, I said enough is enough. Before I kung fu his ass ;) I am going to try something different. I just started standing my ground. I was not about to let him run me, and my house hold. So when he gets flip with his mouth, or has a bratty teen age attitude, I take aways everything he likes doing. takes a lot of patience, but I do it. I just go in another room. They will still run their mouth under their breath, Im sure. Didnt you say things under your breath when you were younger lol. All I care about is, you better not get loud with what your saying. Its starting to work. Its not a miracle, but it takes time.

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Remind him that there are always more chores around the house that need to be done. The more conflict that he causes, the more chores that get added. Also, most importantly, the tasks have to be done to your sastifaction. There can be no priviledges unless earned. In our house, my husband and I are sort of smart-asses. So we if they were being bratty, we would embarrass them in front of their friends. They got the idea real quick to watch their mouthes! It was sort of fun though!

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• When my son was younger and got mouthy I tried "time outs", yelling, and a spanking once. None of it worked for me. Then I tried taking away the things he liked most. His action figures, tv, favorite toy. And it worked! He's almost 12 now and when he gets mouthy or disrespectful we take away tv, video games, cell phone and worst of all, hanging with his friends. Works for me everytime!

Answer by tammyyyyy5 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• read,no phones,and more chores

Answer by mwood108 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011