How often do you go to the Gym

I have been working out 5 times a week before I discovered I was pregnant. I am not sure what is recommendend during your first trimester. I have not seen my OB yet and probably will not until later this month. What have others been intructed as a guideline during their pregnancy?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never go to the gym. My doctor said I could not do anything too strenuous.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i work out along side of a few pregnant women currently! One of our trainers was pg. too (just had her baby). I'm also degreed in prenatal nutrition and health, so here's my advice: Stay hydrated! you may not be able to do high impact or full intensity. but still getting some cardio (even just walking or eliptical) and some resistence training is good for you, and should help you recover from childbirth better too. I would consult with a female trainer and your ob as to what specfic exercises you will want to avoid as your grow. No hot tubs or saunas! If, as you grow, you may find it more comfortable to wear a belly band for support (i know you can find them at any maternity store, or like jc penny's catalogue). If something becomes uncomfortable, move to low impact (usually into 2nd to 3rd trimester for new moms). Definately work on Kegals! Congratualtions & good luck with the exercising.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I do not go to a gym. I have a treadmill at home and also do wii fitness. During both of my pregnancies I just took it easy...mainly did walking. I have heard from others that if you are not a high risk there is no reason to stop. Obviously you should check with your doctor, just to be safe, though. Good luck!
    sunnymommy122

Answer by sunnymommy122 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm too lazy to really exercise....:(
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I use to work out every other day now pregnant with twins I just do mommy Yoga to keep in shape.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 7:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011