Medical Billing

I am interested in going to school for medical billing. Does anyone have any experience in mb, or know of someone. Really want to know if it is profitable for me to start a business from home.

notlott37

Asked by notlott37 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Its a good job but hard to find work. I got my degree for medical billing and coding but all the places around want a little old lady with no life. they want tons of years of experience and people with no kids to possibly interrupt their jobs. I would ask places near you what they are looking for before you get a degree in something that is hard to find work.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have read similar stories like what Collegemommy wrote and basically companies want people with lots of experience already.  You can also find some answers here.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I did it, waste of my time and money.. Because of clearing houses, many companies no longer do there own billing. Also to do it from home many want someone with years of experience, because if you mess up... You are costing them money.. Check and see how your area is doing. Some places have a high demand while others train in house...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I do medical billing one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients. I learned how to use the software in around two hours.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011