how soon is to soon to go back to work when your a new mommy??

miamigrl86

Asked by miamigrl86 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• i had a full 8 weeks of maternity leave.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Most people go back around 6 weeks because a lot of day cares wont take them before then.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• you have to do what is best for you and baby. however, you cannot put an infant in liscencd care before the age of 6 weeks.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think your Doc's will say 6 weeks. But, it's really up to you and what works for your family. I was out 4 months with my first, and went back after 9 weeks with my second. But both times I was leaving them home with Dad and not daycare. It's all about what works for you!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had 6 weeks of maternity leave when I had my older two. I would have went back a little sooner if daycare would have accepted them earlier. Every mom, every family, is different - I don't think there's a one size fits all answer.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I forgot to mention I had 3 months of payed (a percentage) maternity leave. And under FMLA you can legally take the 3 months, but it may not be payed leave. It all depends on what you can afford as well...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• 18-24 months i think is good time to go back to work or school!...just saying lol!
    LarkSundsmo

Answer by LarkSundsmo at 10:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i was on maternity leave from everything for 4 months haha and by then i was ready :)
    HavensMommy731

Answer by HavensMommy731 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Neighbor went back when baby #3 was 4 weeks but Dad was watching kids and they needed the money.
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Before you're ready. I had 8 weeks maternity leave, but I was SO not ready to go back. I went back to work when DS was 3 months very part time. You may have to go back at the end of your maternity leave if you can't afford to stay home any longer. Do what works best for you and your family.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011