What should I do? I am white my close friend is African american and we just started talking again, thank you face book.....

My close childhood friend invited me to a frat party, this is for adults, not teens and so on...

Now the problem is I am not the party person and neither is she, I don't mind going. We would talk dance, and have a drink or two. She is seeing a frat man, but I don't know if I will fit in, or feel comfortable. When we were younger it didn't matter, but now why am I scared???????

How do I ask her will I be? I am not so comfortable that I will most likely be the only minority. and How do I explain to her How I feel?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

• I will always stick to 'Honesty is the best policy'. Just tell her how you feel in a loving way. As far as being uncomfortable about being the minority, if you really feel that way, that's more than enough reason not to go. If your uncomfortable, you want have a good time and your friend would notice that.
    notlott37

Answer by notlott37 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• chances are it will be well mixed just go and have a good time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Lots of situations come up in life that make us uncomfortable but honestly, I don't think a party should be one of them. Just try to simply view everyone as human rather than by race.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Just go and have a good time, Im sure once you get there you will realize that there was nothing to be scared about in the first place.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• OMG i don't want to be a bitch but anyways... why are u so scared? i know ur probably a chick but grow some balls. Brown people don't bite and if ur so worried about this then there must be something wrong in ur head. I mean honestly u better start getting comfortable around people of color because we are all around.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Race should not even be a concern. If it is how could you really be true friends with her? Anyway, You might want to go and see if being a minority there would be a problem or not. You don't know until you try it. Personally I wouldn't have a problem if I was a really good friend with her and having a good time.
    momofzachjassop

Answer by momofzachjassop at 11:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It is the alone part......

That concerns me the most, usually men would want too dance, but for some reason not all african american woman are fond of white woman being around...

Not all but some... Just like some white woman are not fond of having african american woman around.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• bugz,,,,,,,

I am not scared boo hoo....

Just not sure if I would be comfortble..Sitting alone while she is dancing, not knowing a sole....

I don't know what world your living in but too alot of people race is UNFORTUNATLEY a problem. I raise my kids too love the heart, not the outside, skin, looks or anything..... That is why I stopped watching the news and reading the paper.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If you're going to be the downer at the party and not loosen up then i say don't go. If u want to try something new and throw caution to the wind then do it. all i'm saying.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011