Out of milk & my son wont drink water !

my husband wont get home until 3pm today. & he has the car.
How can i make my son drink water, if he doesnt "like it"...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• keep offering it. when he's thirsty enough, he'll drink it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Do make him eat veggies if he doesn't like it? Same thing. Kids needs water all day and 2 cups of milk MAX, they don't even need juice and can go without milk ever. At his age, you can just tell him, no. Drink water. No more milk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sounds like he will have to either get over it or cry all day. Does your husband not get a lunch break?
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Does he eat fruit? If yes, cut some up and put it in his water. Hopefully he will like that.
    notlott37

Answer by notlott37 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Do you have any crystal light?? I keep crystal light, propel vitamin water (no asparthme), or even like air borne on hand and my kids treat it like juice with out adding the sugar! Also you could try throwing a lime wedge in there, that works too! :)
    LarkSundsmo

Answer by LarkSundsmo at 10:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He'll drink water when he gets thirsty enough.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I say he'll just have to tough it out. Milk throughout all day is NOT healthy for a child anyways. Give him some juice (toddler juice, if u have any) which i'm sure u dont because u prob. wouldn't have posted this lol. If not, Put water in a cup, set it down where he can reach it, and when he's thirsty enough, he WILL drink it, trust me. you should drink it with him to show him that it is good. my girls LOVE water.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would say it's time for him to learn to drink water. Not just because you're out of milk, but because it's good for him. It he won't drink it today, it's not a huge deal; limit his milk (2 cups is goods) and give him only water the rest of the day.

Answer by missanc at 10:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• How old is your son? And is that all he eats is milk? Im confused. I hope this is a real question, because your anon...but I will say that if he needs milk that bad, and your that concerned....then your going to have to walk yourself and go get some milk. If its that serious, then thats what you will need to do. If he eats regular food then, just make sure he is fed. Thats all that matters. If he needs milk because thats what he is use to drinking every few hours like most toddlers, then you will have to walk, or wait for your husband. He will live, as long as your feeding him.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thanks ladys, & my son is 2 going on three by the way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2011