were you adopted?

have you ever met your biological parents?

I was adopted at 6 weeks old. 3 years ago my mom passed away and my pop moved back to his hometown. when I was 15 I met my biological parents and they tried to 'play house'. it didnt work very well and we lost touch til i got married. my mom suggested i invite them and try to form a relationship. i have a biological sister that they ended up keeping, she is 10 years younger then me and we talk every now and then. I also have 2 half brothers and a half sister. my bio-father is trying to be in my and my children's life, and it seems to be going well. however my bio-mother came around and bought many presents for my kids for about a year. i have tried calling her and going to her house also, but she refuses to take my calls and open her door. thus i have given up. i wanted to have my children know her but if this is how she feels so be it.

i am truly happy with my adoption and how i was raised. i would not want things to be any other way. but i am hurt that 30 years later after a year of being in my life my bio-mother wants nothing to do with me again. i know it sounds stupid bc obviously she didnt want me to begin with but i thought maybe...

they gave me up bc they were both young no yet married and drug users. my bio-father straightened up (i was told) in 1982 and they both got married. my bio-mother however continued with the drugs until she ended up pregnant with my sister in 1990. they then got a divorce.

kind of a long vent. thanks for listening. :)

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 10:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Adoption

• I'm a reunited birth mother. I'm so sorry that your bio-mom rejected you for a second time, that's really sad. I'll never understand what makes women behave that way. Wild horses couldn't make me reject my son again.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes Iwas adopted but we were dumped in the state of colorado there is going to be no one coming back for us.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i wasnt but a friend was
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes-I was adopted. My b-mom never wanted to meet me but I have contact with my b-dad as well as some other members of the b-family. Did something happen after that first year where you were in contact with your b-mom? Does your bio sister have any answer as to why your b-mom does not want contact now?
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• nothing happened. we made plans to meet up for lunch and she never showed, i called and she wouldnt answer. she even told my bsister I said i didnt want to be around her anymore. which was a lie! my bsister said she asked her and she (bmom) said that I (me) had my own family and she didnt want to be involved. That just hurt. i have tried for a year now and nothing. so I guess I will give up. She just seemed so happy to have me and her grandkids in her life again. I guess not
    JOR_HAIL

Comment by JOR_HAIL (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011