Teething...what did you experience?

The other night my almost 10 month old son, my husband and I were downstairs playing. All of sudden my husband yells at me to get a paper towl, I came in and saw a mouth full of blood, but my son was happier then ever. He has been cutting his 1st tooth for about a week now an we've gone through sleepless nights, fussy days and refusal to do absolutely nothing! What have you experienced with your teething child(ren)???

trublonde130

Asked by trublonde130 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got super lucky. My son teethed late. He got his 1st at 14 months,then it was like pop,pop,pop,and all of them were in by 2! All we had was a baby who bit things.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• With my son (Now two) he was the easiest baby even through teething. He'd find things to chew on if he needed something, but was very rarely cranky or fussy. If he needed extra cuddles he'd ask for them. He slept a lot when he was teething, so he was a really good baby through that.

My daughter (Now one) .. Oh boy. She is fussy, cranky, moody, and just all around a nightmere when she's cutting teeth. Up all throughout the night and nothing satisfies her. Even teething relief options .. Ugh!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Our lil guy started early. He got his first 2 at 4 months old and now at 11 months has 9 (5 on top, 4 on bottom) The molars have been the hardest for us. With the 1st six he drooled alot and chewed on everything. with these last few, he has been a lil fussy in the evenings. we found using the finger toothbrush that it helped relieve the pain. We also cut up frozen grapes, and even jello was good and soothing. Hope these things help
    TiggerNemo

Answer by TiggerNemo at 1:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Teething can be stressful for the parents! My daughter was so grumpy and fussy during teething. She even got fevers every once in a while. We just gave her tylenol to help with the fevers and for the teething pain. I wouldn't sugguest using the Baby Orajel, it doesn't really do much good. It just tastes nasty so they make funny faces and pull away. My daughter HATED that stuff. We used Hyland's teething tablets and they worked wonders for us. I heard that they were recalled, not sure on that though, but just a thought!
    calimommy1021

Answer by calimommy1021 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011