Wanting to bake a sheet cake

I want to bake a sheet cake so that its not so thick, but all I have is the small round cake pans. Can I buy disposable aluminum pans to bake it in?

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 10:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't. Those have wrinkles and the cake will stick a lot.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes. You can. Just make sure you buy one that is smooth inside and don't forget to spray the pan well with bakers' spray (Baker's Joy or other brand)
    MumsiePoo

Answer by MumsiePoo at 10:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You can also buy a really CHEAP pans to bake that will bake better than disposable ones but not cost much more. And use Baker's Joy spray - or another spray with FLOUR in it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sure, one with flat sides will let go better, but if you spray the pan well even one with ridged sides will be fine.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You can, but it won't come out the same. I make a LOT of cakes - I don't have an actual sheet cake pan, but I do have a large pan (jelly roll, 11x15) that I use in place of a sheet pan (I think it's also called a half-sheet - so 2 of them butted up together would be a full sheet cake). There is one just like mine at Wal-Mart (NordicWare is the brand) for $15.something - so totally worth it, I have 3 pans and I always have 2 in use. I'd get one of those instead of a disposable pan, you'll be happier with how the cake comes out & you're not breaking the bank. 1 cake mix fills it nicely, makes a nice cake - 2 mixes won't fit ;).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Are you wanting to bake a FULL sheet or a quarter sheet? A quarter sheet is the 9x13 recommeended for 1 mix. A fulle sheet is 4 of those. You can have great results with disposable pans as long as you grease and flour them. Tou can also line the pan with Reynolds NON Stick foil an the the cake is easy to lift out and peel off the foil. It is virtually crumbless for easy icing!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• dollar tree has great pans now.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011