On this shooter kid..what does common sense tell you?

Common sense tells me that the kids parents SHOULD have done something with their child before he cracked and went on a shooting spree.He had a tent in the backyard with a real skull in it? HMM and a glock? no job but bought a glock? All of this argueing and trying to blame some comments made ..gimmie a damn break ..blame him and his parents for overlooking the obvious!

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• There are so many warning signs to mental illness and sounds like he had many of these signs, someone should have done something long before this happened. Too many times people just put them off as a little weird or off, until something this drastic happens. Mothers are notorious for making excuses for our children, our love blinders you know. I don't think he should ever be released, it will happen again.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• His parents should be held accountable as well,

We don't know what his parents went through and may have tried to do. Hands are often tied in issues like this.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

I totally agree.

nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 11:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The shooter was 22. Once he hit 18, his parents had flaming hoops to leap through while juggling sharp objects and dodging bullets in order to get him committed against his will. In other words, it's exceedingly difficult to get a legal adult off the streets without their consent. We don't know if his parents were trying or not, do we? We just know he wasn't locked away in an asylum.

The events of this weekend are tragic. The shooter is a monster. And he's the only one to blame here.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:23 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well I don't agree the parents should be punished for what their 22 yr old child did. I haven't seen anything about them yet. Who knows what they went through.

Depending on what the reason he wasn't let in the Army we should them liable.

The college too they must be responsible as well.

Nah lets just hold the person who did it responsible. Sorry but I am tired of people blaming everyone else and not the person who actually did it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Common sense tells me that at 22 he's a full grown man, and responsible for his own actions.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Common Sense.... Let's see...... He was a deranged atheist, 9-11 truther, and anti- government. He was having hallucinations... Possibly an occultist?Let's face it, the guy was off the charts....  He had problems with Giffords BEFORE Palin's map, so that rules her out (sorry kerp~your theory is shot)....  If his parents didn't know something was going on, maybe they are just as insane... While  It's not his parents fault, but if they are near normal, I am sure they feel guilt... I do, question their parental involvement level given the personal accounts coming to surface of those who knew him from high school and beyond...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I went to school with a guy,who was normal up until about age 15. He started acting a bit bizarre at about that age. After we had graduated he was really going downhill with schizophrenia.  I beleive it was 1990 when he was arrested by the FBI traveling to DC loaded up with weapons to assassinate Bush SR.  He had been writing letters to him and plotting.  They were watching him.  His parents went through all kinds of hoops trying to get him committed.  They would medicate him and release him.  What could they do?  Natesmom should remember this.  His name was Mike Romero.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• So now we blame the parents..... the "man" isn't accountable? Geez people! You have no idea what he put his parents through! Quit assuming you know his life story. For all we know they tried everything, not all parents can get a handle on their offspring.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 11:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• PP a Glock is a gun. The manufacture was Glock and it was a Model 19 which is a 9 mm pistol.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2011