Facebook :)

Why does it seem for some people, a million friends post birthday wishes to their wall on their birthday and others only get a few birthday wishes? Is it popularity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No, it's a matter of who pays attention and who doesn't.
    If you have yours posted for everyone to see then you're more likely to get a lot of birthday wishes. If you don't then only those who know about it will post.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The people who do the posting are trying to look all important and involved. LOL I always post birthday wishes privately by message. So, no one knows who I tell it too or when.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i think alot of the time ppl add 'friends' to look popular. i have had fb for years now and i only have maybe 80 friends. i choose carefully. i may not get a bunch of bday wishes but the ones i do get are from real friends who do remember
    also ppl can hide their bdays so maybe the ones that dont have many wishes have theirs hidden!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 11:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• To be honest, if I don't know somebody's birthday by heart, I will only post a "happy birthday" to them if I happen to see the little notification that it is their birthday. I bet it's the same for a lot of other people... it's not as noticeable as it used to be!
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 11:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• well if it's family and close friends then i do... but sometimes i just forget too...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I make sure I wish everyone a happy birthday on their birthday.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 11:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2011