Blackbun introduces bill to block FCC's internet power grab?

January 8, 2011 at 10:04am View Discussions

by Capitol Confidential

Rep. Marsha Blackburn introduced legislation Wednesday to deny the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulatory oversight over the Internet, which the Tennessee Republican insisted was the “sole prerogative of Congress” to administer.

http://biggovernment.com/capitolconfidential/2011/01/06/house-republican-introdu...

I don't think anyone posted on this..figured i'd throw in a change of pace..what do you think?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it won't get funded unless Obama pulls one of his executive orders (illegally) and then repeal will have to wait. But the SCOTUS already said it was unconstitutional.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You really have to wonder about the soundness, the fitness of people who would try to stifle free speech in any public arena.

You have wonder about their message and about what else they'd do to shut people up.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Good, even though it's been been ruled unconstitutional already it has to be filed to get it stopped so I'm glad someone did it. I think it should be an automatic 5 yr jail sentence for someone to make a decision to implement something like that that has already been ruled on by SCOTUS . It's all a waste of time and money.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2011