how did you choose your child's name?

my son was named after a sports idol, and my daughter was named after a comet and a queen.

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 11:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Baby Names

• I named my DD after my Mother's sister. She was a great person and always was very nice to me.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• 8 years ago we were looking for something different but not to different. We chose Michaela, I loved it and it was seldom heard. Seems like the day I came home from the hospital it was every other name I heard lol.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my husband named our son and he chose it cause it's his favorite name and the name of his favorite motocross rider too.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• well, her middle name is my grandmother's name. her first name we were sitting around the thankgiving table and we were just talking about the elections (2008) and Sarah Palin name came up. i did not dislike the name Sarah and its not really used so I liked that fact. I had one name picked out from the beginning and noone liked it. then another one and noone liked it so everyone loved Sarah and that is what i named her. But also i love Sarah Jessica Parker so she is named after her too. its short name and it goes with the middle name and is short enough because i have a long last name.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My daughter was named after an actress (Scarlett Pomers) and a character from the soap opera Days of Our Lives (Abigail). I named her those names because I loved the name, not because of the character or actress. My daughter's name is Scarlett Abigail.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my daughter was named after the street we lived on when we got pregnant on, and my son HunterRy was born the last weekend of Hunting eason, and Braxton was cuz he caused me alot of braxton kicks
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 3:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• just always wanted it lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my daughter's father named her and My son was named after his two deceased grandfathers
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 4:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• First one my MIL picked out and I loved it, 2nd one we picked cause my Mom loved it and it's a varient of her name.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My son is named after a comedian. (Christopher Titus)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011