Let it be.....

How come any time there's a question on here about a mom wanting advice or encouragement about an upcoming scheduled c-section, there's always that handful of ladies trying to push for VBAC's or going on and on why the person having the c-section should have a VBAC?!?!?

Let it be. Seriously. For 1. You're not a doctor, you're not qualified to push that option because you don't KNOW the woman or her body. You're not going to change their mind anymore than changing the mind of someone who chose to formula feed, or use disposable diapers.

As a c-section mama myself, yes I DID realize VBAC was an option, most doctors will bring that up and it's our right to chose the birth plan for our baby.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 11:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it's our right to chose the birth plan for our baby

Yes, exactly. Some people just need to lay off the decisions of others.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I agree. A few months ago there was a discssion about C-sections in which Moms insisted that they were not necessary and that Doctors want to schedule them for their own convenience. Someone explained that her daughter tried a VBAC but when her baby's heart rate dropped, they need to do an emergency C-section. SOmeone had the nerve to critcize that decision and say that there was no reason for a C-section even in that emergency sitation. They get rabid about being anti-C-section. There is no way a MOM knows more than a Doctor. Trust your Doctor. DOn't pay attention to the wild-eyed Moms who tell you to not trust Doctors.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Agreed! They might only mean good but still.....you're asking for advice on your c-section, not a VBAC!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My only thoughts. I will still advise for 1st time mommas to really consider a vaginal birth over an elective c-section. However, as for repeat c-sect vs VBAC, that is up to the doctor. Around here, the hopsitals will not consider a VBAC so it's not an option.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2011