3rd floor bedroom

my daughter outgrew her portrcrib in which she sleeps in at my parents home. she sleeps there sometimes with out me because of my school schedule. the family room is on the first floor and there is s seperate room on the second floor with a tv also but nothing on the thirdfloor. she is 22 months and there are two sets of steps . anyone have a child that is on the 3rd floor? i was thinking bedrails for the bed and a gate for the stairs but i don;t know. has anyone had any success with a gate at the bedroom door?

my house she sleeps in my room in her regular crib and there is a door going to the stairs to the 1st floor and a gate to the upstairs bedrooms so i am not concern there its at my parents. any input would be most appreciated.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 11:27 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 year old sleeps on the 3rd floor when he stays at my parents house, but it's not often. He is very good on the stairs so I've never had any concerns.
    When my oldest was little we put a gate in the bedroom door so he would stay in his room at night.

Answer by missanc at 12:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• she is learning about the stairs and coming down but we are no where to be confident about her going down.. and they are very slippery . i have fallen twice myself. so its a big concern. i am wondering if a gate would work on the door. was it one of the tall gates?
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011