What to do ?

What do you d0 when you are so depressed that you cant really see a better day ( when I use to be able to see that one day it would be better), and bad anxiety ( to where I go without sleep, cry and feel like I cant breathe) ..........But have no money for a counsiler or meds and a husband who thinks I just need to "get over it" ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Health

• First off tell your husband he is the cray one for not wanting to deal with something like this, look for state hospitals who might be able to get you some counseling.

Answer by older at 11:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• it's not something you can just get over... but you do need to seek help and there are free clinic that will help.. you should look into it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• O sweetie! Take a deep breath, know that life will not always be like this. Here are a couple of options, Look into free counselors, there out there! Often churches offer free counseling. Also take time for you, maybe something as simple as everyday going outside and taking a 10 min. walk no matter what the weather. My mom has struggled with depression all of her adult life, there are programs out there where IF (you may not) need medication you can get it at a huge discount or even free. Also have you looked into herbal meds? Things like ST. Johns Wart - It's really good. It naturally helps. Anxiety can be so hard, have you tried to keep a journal, just a safe place for you to write your feelings? That might help too.

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 11:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• come on cafemom and vent, hoping there isnt a jerk that is going to put me down.
    i have serious anxiety also. and a husband that thinks its something i can just get over.
    sometimes i take a long shower (if im home) come on cafemom, or look up inspirational poems.
    However everyone is different how they can 'deal' with their emotions. There are days I cant deal with them and just stay in bed all day.
    I hope you find your outlet!
    hugs!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 11:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I agree with finding a counselor that is free or uses a sliding scale. If you broke your leg you'd go to the doctor or hospital, right now you're emotionally broke, you need to go seek help. If you go to church, sometimes the pastor there will give you counseling. Also, try and go outside for a walk daily, no matter how cold, get some fresh air, some Vitamin D. Busy yourself with something that you like to do, no matter how silly it may seem. There are brighter days, you just need some help finding them. Hang in there.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• There are alternatives to medicine. You can change life by changing your diet as told in this article: http://www.examiner.com/alternative-medicine-in-tucson/using-food-to-battle-depression. Also, I recommend that you drink a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with a cup of water. This helped me battle the worst days of my post baby blues. If you can, begin decluttering your life and reclaim your space. Get rid of things that are unwanted, ruined or unusable, and organize what you do have. By minimizing the excess, you can lose some emotional baggage. I also suggest that you do some type of spacial clearing, articles can be found on the Internet, and help you put that pep back in your step. I have been in your shoes, it will get better. Find a friend that is not your hubby to help.

tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 11:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2011