What are some activities to do during the day with a 19-20 month old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• here are a few activities that you can do at home ......blow a balloon up and toss it around(great coordination game) grab some coloring books or paper and let them scribble on it .. you could also sit and cuddle a read them a story (with colorful pages)
    hope these help with some fun things to do with your little one.
    booboo32

Answer by booboo32 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• oh my you could pretty much do anything, arts and crafts, gardening, just taking them out side, to the park, books, there are so many things.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• OH I miss that stage! My daughter is now 13 and still very curious and polite. When she was born my father wanted to know what we would like for a new baby gift. I made a great decision...a video camera. Now they are digital but please take lots of film of your darling child. You will enjoy it so much when he/she is older. I taped my daughter doing everyday things or dress up things or singing into a "microphone" (hairbrush). Also I read to her very often, kept her away from the TV and kept her busy with creative things. We lived on a farm and we were outside learning things in all kinds of weather.She is now in a school for accelerated students. Play "school with Him/her to learn the alphabet and #'s early. I also did "baby Yoga " with her you can get DVD's for this and it will make you feel good,TOO! Bless you and you precious one!

notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• lots of crafts....finger painting....playing with feathers and foam of all different colors...you can make it learning and fun....ask what color they are...plus it brings out creativeness
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My little boy likes to chase & be chased. He thinks it's so funny when mommy & daddy run from him. We play cars, ball, he likes to get n the laundry basket and be pulled around. I wouldn't dare give him a crayon. He'd have it broke to pieces in no time or eat it if he could. He has one of those shape boxes & he's learning how to do that. He likes to play with his see & say. Anything that works on his coordination will be good for him. There's lots & lots of things to do with little kids. They are such a total & complete blast!
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I agree with everybody so far. That age is SO fun and the possibilities (as long as they're safe) are endless.

One of the funnest things I do with my kids is pudding finger painting. Yes, it's messy, but super fun for little ones. When my oldest was 1 1/2 we tried finger painting and he just kept licking his fingers. So next time we used pudding instead and that way it was more fun and I didn't have to worry if he ate it. My 2nd son is about that age now and he loves it and the 4 year old still does too.

My boys both enjoy doing what mom and dad do. We let them help with things often like putting laundry in a basket, or giving them toy tools to use when daddy is fixing something. At that age it's like they get a proud feeling to act big and do what we do, it's so cute!
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2011