Why is it that....

When my house is clean no one comes to visit.... but the days that I havent really done my share I have a ton of visitors....

I always have people come over ( family and friends ) they just stop over to visit.... and they usually do it before I have a chance to clean. My living room is very tiny and so if two things are on the floor it looks like a disaster, and of course my kids always bring ALL of their toys to the living room ... this happens to be the same time that everyone just stops over...

But the days that my house is sparkling clean, no one comes over at all !

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 11:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I know what you mean!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• That is like going shopping with money in your pocket and not finding a thing!

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thought I was alone in that.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• YES! especially when its a mess nd my MIL decides to drop by and asks 'oh do you need help cleaning' ugh!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 11:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i kno what u mean
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Ahh, I hate when this happens! It's always my grandma who is super clean that shows up on those super messy days.
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 11:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's the same around here, and because of it, I love this quote:

"If you come to see me, come any time. If you come to see my house, make an appointment."

SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Probably just a coincidence, but it's very annoying. If you have a heads up you could at least throw things away and hide them. I've read if you do have a 1/2 hr or so, throw things in the oven, closets, under things, places people won't look and at least the house will be a little cleaned up.  Other wise I feel this way, some people have houses, some people have homes, your is probably a home, and to me they are more comfortable to be in.

MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• been there done that...........
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011