:( help me..

okay i'm almost 38 weeks pregnant with the 3rd baby..well with the other two by now i' was done induced with them well now i'm already dilated 3 cm 60% effaced and I've been having contractions the past two days but nothing very strong. well today i've been feeling like*this is the what is seriously feels like*maybe to much info* but...when a tampon is inserted wrong the discomfort and pain down there tha's what it feels like. What could this mean? I'm having light contractions now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No two labors are exactly alike. You are probably effacing a little more. The baby could be dropping, a little more dilation...If you are having contractions, you may just be getting geared up for the real thing. If it would make you more comfortable to know, call your doc and ask what he thinks. Were you planning to go natural this time?

SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• NO lol I am wanting a epidoral. I'm chicken. Well where I live at 4 cm they admitt you. and heck I'm already 3 cm well a month ago I was and 60% effaced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• you might need to call you doctor because you could be in active labor or it could be braxton hicks it sounds like your dilating more. If it was me i would call my doctor or go to the hospital and be checked out one.
    Dana522

Answer by Dana522 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• it could be the baby's head putting pressure on your cervix
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm a doula by the way. (labor coach)

It'll be OK. Don't freak. :) You'll get your epidural in time. Did you live somewhere else with the other two? When were you checked last?
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm also just having some mild back pain also..nothing major but the reason i went to the er the last time was because of the back pain and didn't even know i was contracting to 3 until they checked me. just having mild back pain. they had just said her head was pretty high up still at the time which this was a month ago by the way. Is their anyway that I can help get the show on the road besides walking and sex? something to bring her down alitle and make me have contractions?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• hey theres nothing wrong with an epidoral i labored 10 hours with out one an i was induced so that ment the contractions were stronger than normal, an i just wish i had asked for one sooner., the weard thing was i was 4cm before the epidoral and imediatly after i shot to 10 cm ...
    Dana522

Answer by Dana522 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• NIpple stimulation. Pinch them till it hurts. I am for real...I know it sounds weird. That will get it going.

2nd, or in your case 3rd babies don't always "drop" until labor, so don't let that concern you too much. Mild back pain is probably the begining of labor.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• try bouncing or eating spicy foods
    Dana522

Answer by Dana522 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• spice foods or bouncing might help, an if your worried about them not giving you an epidoral you can have one up to 9 cm after that theres a one time shot they can give you that last for 2 hours. but if you havinbg back pain and pressure your in labor most likely if i was you i would call my doctor.
    Dana522

Answer by Dana522 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2008