You'll hate David's Bridal (not a question, just a vent)

So I posted the other day about buying my wedding dress. The consultent said that the alterations would be about 1/3 of what they were (she knew this, she was just trying to get me to buy the dress). I was told to call the corporate office, which I did, and they STILL haven't gotten back to me. I was online reading reviews from david's bridal and it seems a lot of people have had problems like mine and they were never resolved. I can't make david's bridal refund any money or do anything to make the situation better but I can promise that I will call every day until they call me back with a solution and I will contact the better buisness burue and I will tell everyone I know NOT to go to david's bridal. Honestly, you would do better shoping on EBAY

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• I don't know exactly what you are describing, but I you could write their corporate office a letter indicating that you want it resolved or you will be contacting your local news station to report them as trying to ripoff their customers. If this is a major problem for many people the news station may pick it up and run with it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'd post it on FB and Twitter too. Negative advertising will surely get their attention!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I did not like Davids Bridal from the moment I walked in to look at bridesmaids dresses. The first thing I said was "I was not making a decision today, just wanted to see if anything stands out and then I'll be back." They completely ignored us after that and were absolutely no help. Sorry you are having problems with them.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I've had no choice in my daughter's bride's maid dress where they never told us that some dresses have longer lead times in ordering. We had to compromise on a style because of their incompetency. Thank goodness I was just the mother of the groom, 2 groomsmen, and one bridesmaid. The bride ended up going to a local bridal outlet and got a great deal on a dress that fit perfectly, but their alteration charges were in writing up front of the store along with a list of other local alternation specialists if you chose NOT to use their store.

Now Men's Wearhouse was great with the groomsmens outfits because some of them were last minute in ordering, but everything came in and was perfect.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• p.s. I just recently signed up with them and from what your post says I'm going to cancel my online subscription and buy local instead of with D.B.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ugh I hate Davids Bridal I went there once when I was getting married and it was ransacked it was like an outlet store the quality and customer service there is dreadful
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• adckenzie, I am so glad I saved someone from the headache. I have read a bunch of reviews from people who have had similar experiences and we all agree that they are nice to you until 1. they find out that you are on a small budget or 2. you pay for your dress and then they act like "well we have your money now so your stuck with us and we don't have to do anything for you"
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Call your local news station.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I went there when I got married but I did not like the store or the service they acted as if they were better then you & had an awful attitude I got my dressess elsewhere at a small boutique & got a better quality dress & MUCH better service from begiing to end!!!!
    mom18103

Answer by mom18103 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had a great experience at my davids bridal. The staff was wonderful and not pushy to make the sale. I hate that they charged you more than expected for your alterations. Don't let it hate your dress though.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011