Looking for advice on tongue tied children.

My son is 13 months old and my husband and I both think he has this. He eats ok but he would prefer to drink from a bottle. Should I take him to the pediatrician or a dentist? Looking for moms who have dealt with this before.

ceciandrew

Asked by ceciandrew at 10:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was almost 4 when she had hers "snipped" but by that time it was a surgical ordeal. As it seriously involved the salivary glands. The ENT said it would have been better for her had it been done as an infant, before everything had the chance to grow all together.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My godson had his snipped when he was 3 months old. Other than that, I have not had much experience with it. I say the younger the better.
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 1:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My daughters had theirs snipped at one month old. I would take him to an ear, nose and throat doctor. If he can't get his tounge passed his bottom lip he probably will have speech and eating issues later on.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My daughter was snipped before we left the hospital. It was a very quick easy procedure and she was completly fine right after. It seems strange they wouldn't have taken carer of your son right away. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    jillmw

Answer by jillmw at 3:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I never answered the question. Take him to the pedi and they'll give you a referral to an ENT if he is TT.
    jillmw

Answer by jillmw at 3:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008