Spun my car on ice, car was pulled by chain, a shimmy occured

The Kansas City area is getting hammered by a snow and ice storm. Once I spotted a very slow (30 mph), I didn't have enough braking distance. So to avoid an accident I swirved. The swirve became a spin which landed me in a ditch in the natural (grassy) median. Everything was a soft landing. Now there's a shimmy.

I am wondering if getting the car pulled by chain can damage the undercarriage or chasis of a car? Or, can this shimmy be mostly likely from a pile of snow under my car, from trying to rock the car out of the snow? I did put the car in reverse (in the direction of the truck) to add momentum.

I looked under the car and everything looks straight. And I know that ultimately an inpection till give a definite say-so (and I will get that done), but before then, (just out of curiousity) would a chain pull (with a non-jarring spin into a soft landing) cause a bend in a 2006 Chevy Malibu carriage or chasis? Or, could this be snow?

Thanks

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 11:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Travel

• It may be out of alignment. Just take it to a local service station and have it aligned.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• you may have bent the frame- If the alignemnt is not right they can fix it. Which goes to show people to drive a SAFE didstance behind a car in poor conditions. DO NOT tailgate!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• oh- and yes if the tow truck driver does not know what he is doing he coluld hook the chain to the wrong place. It is unlikely though.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm sorry - I left out the part that visibility was low and I was driving a safe speed due to weather. When the person in front became visible, it was too late for me.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would get some one to look at it because something might have been pull out of place.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2011