UGH - what would you do? (Political Propaganda Stuff)

My sister in law told me last night that her son's teacher read the class the book "King and King" about a king that wants to marry a boy. I think he does in the end, or something like that.

What would you do if that happened in your kids class?

It would make me MAD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would hope my son sat still through it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well it would make me LIVID too, but there's nothing you can do about it. The school doesn't have to notify you if she reads a story like that again. Here's proof:

http://www.protectmarriage.com/video/view/6
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1815820715?bctid=1822459319
    http://massresistance.org/docs/marriage/effects_of_ssm.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Anon 10:23- I think that is only the case in Massachusetts and Connecticut where its legal - if gay marriage isn't legal in your state they can't tdo that? Correct me if I'm wrong?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• is the book published by NAMBLA or by boy do you mean male?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Don't mind, my son knows that there are all different kids of families are out there.
    Lol I like the first anons answere
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Wait, what does it mean by boy, little boy as in a pediphile
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yeah, that wouldn't fly in my kids class. I'll be damned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've heard of this book and its a male marrying a male not a grown male marrying a little boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would think in this day of age more people would be open minded to what is going on around them. Whether your child is straight or gay they will meet people in their life who are and they should be raised to respect others not degrade them. I would have no problem with my children hearing a story about this. They watch Sesame Street and Big Bird and Elmo and all the gang teach the children all about different families. Open your minds a little bit.....
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• In 2006 Robb and Robin Wirthlin and David and Tonia Parker filed a federal lawsuit against the school district of Estabrook Elementary School, which their second grader attends in Lexington, Massachusetts. They claim that using the book in school constituted sexual education without parental notification, which would be a violation of their civil rights and state law. Robin Wirthlin appeared on CNN, saying[1]
    “ We felt like seven years old is not appropriate to introduce homosexual themes. [...] My problem is that this issue of romantic attraction between two men is being presented to my seven-year-old as wonderful, and good and the way things should be. [...] Let us know and let us excuse our child from the discussion. ”

The judge dismissed the lawsuit, saying "Diversity is a hallmark of our nation"
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2008