Do You Drive When The Roads Are Snowie or Icy?

I don't any more since I don't work, and my S/O got me a Subaru for work when I did because I was petrified of driving in the snow. Never do I or did I drive on ice, unless I was out and got caught some where and had to get home ( not very often either). I almost hit a tree when I was about 17 and I think that has had a lasting effect on me.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We have 2 4x4's, but I only drive on the snow. If there's ice I stay home. I don't see any reason unless it's an emergency to get out there and risk hurting us, or anyone else.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Have no choice, I live in Wisconsin. Learned to drive in the snow, took drivers test the day after a blizzard. L

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes, I still have to go to work. If the kids have school, I still take them. If no school, then they still go to daycare. Life goes on.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes I do. The first couple of snowfalls if I don't have to go out I won't so I am not around the people who forgot how to drive in the snow over the summer.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have too tonight.. I work 7p to 7a and work just called to see if they need to make arrangements for a place to sleep once I get there because the roads will be worse in the am.. I wish they would just call me off but being a hospital, thats not gonna happen :(
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I will if I have to go somewhere. I just take it slow. I've lived int he north all my life, pretty used to it. I don't like going out when it's really cold though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Only to get home. On snow/ice days, I work from home.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• snow yea, ice i try not too. I work in healthcare so I cant just call off bc of snow. :(
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 12:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I do drive if they don't call off school I have to go to work but if you don't feel comfortable driving in it I say stay home because you'll only cause other drivers grief
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• thats my one fear about moving out of Cali :( I hate driving in bad weather all together... mostly b/c no one knows what they are doing and act like they can drive any way they please
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2011