Obesity- Who's to blame-

I for one feel its the fast food company's popping up on every corner, shoving coupons, value meals, advertisements etc. down our necks that has helped make us a lazy fat society.

I know- its OUR choice what to put in our bodies. BUT-- come on..

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 10:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I agree but I think our fast-paced lifestyles adds to it. When I cook a meal at home I usually end up sweating and burning off a some calories...and the food I make is a lot healthier than fast food. If I'm too rushed on time to cook and grab some fast food then I'm going to be taking in more calories and burning off less.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yeah right! You have the choice to but it or not! Also they do have healthy choices.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• When I moved out and got my first apartment there were drug dealers on every corner too, thank GOODNESS my mother taught me I didn't HAVE to buy drugs from them just because they were there.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I blame the government for the taxes or whatever that make unhealthy food less expensive.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 10:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My kids eat fast food and are not fat. Because they go outside and play like kids should. Get off the couch and turn off the game boy then kids won't be fat. Also talk to your schools about bringing back recess and gym.

McD's is just putting out a product that everyone is dumb enough to buy. Yes it must be bad because I seen a lady run out of gas in the drive thru. Come on don't complain about gas prices if you are eating out and can't afford gas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is a personal choice to eat fatty foods or eat healthy foods.   Just like it's a personal choice to exercise or not exercise.  Nobody is shoving good or bad food down our throats..Nobody is making you exercise or not exercise.

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Good point anon, my kids eat fast food maybe 2 times a month. However they play outside atleast 4hr a day. When I did my sons yearly check up the doc asked me how much they play outside, they had never asked me that before. Well I told them and they said good that is key to be healthy.
    I hadnt even thought about it before then, it came natural to me b/c thats what I did when I was a kid.
    On rainy days such as this we will have music on and they will build "houses" in their room.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I blame the people. Obese people choose to eat the super sized meal at the fast food restaurant. They choose to eat all day long. They choose not to exercise. They choose to not eat healthy foods.

I've recently started eating healthy and it's NOT more expensive. Yes it's more work in the kitchen but that's because it means less convenience foods.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is a personal choice...blaming Burger King is like saying spoons should be out lawed because they make people fat. I agree that if you are trying to lose weight a cheesburger comercial every 11 seconds does not help...but nobody makes me go to the drive thru and supersize my meal. We are also raising kids in a tech society..so go out and play is not heard as often as when I was young. Raising your kids to be fit and love sports or out doors is helpful.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I agree with Slinkee's answer!!!!! "When I moved out and got my first apartment there were drug dealers on every corner too, thank GOODNESS my mother taught me I didn't HAVE to buy drugs from them just because they were there." Damn right!!
    Look, I'm tall and built like a flagpole (5'11", 137lbs. when not pregnant), my younger sister is actually taller than me, but is quite a bit bigger (6'0", 289lbs.). It's NO ONE'S FAULT BUT YOUR OWN. It's all in what you choose to put into your body. I chose to put mostly healthy food (I eat fast food maybe 3x a month) into mine, she chooses to drown everything she eats in ranch dressing....
    To blame it on fast food companies or the government is just lazy and irresponsible.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008