Would you be mad at the school if this happened?

My sister in law told me last night that her son's teacher read the class the book "King and King" about a king that wants to marry a boy. I think he does in the end, or something like that.

What would you do if that happened in your kids class?

It would make me MAD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Tolerance is one thing. Advocating a sin is another.
    miabella141

Answer by miabella141 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Just another reason why I've decided to homeschool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Considering that my high school wasn't even allowed to teach EVOLUTION I think it's rediculous that young children were a book like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It's a book! It's not going to turn your kid gay!
    Anonymous

• Well there's nothing you can do about it - Here's some links provided from the other post:

http://www.protectmarriage.com/video/view/6
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1815820715?bctid=1822459319
    http://massresistance.org/docs/marriage/effects_of_ssm.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would be pissed. Whether its just a book or not, its teaching MY child something that I don't support nor want them to know anything about.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I saw that book in the library once, it would make me mad too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• "Diversity is a hallmark of our nation"......As stated by the judge who threw out the lawsuit against this book.
    There is nothing wrong with this book. If anything it helps teach tolerance and yes, diversity.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It has nothing to do with turning a kid gay or not. It's a personal choice! Although I have nothing against gay rights or same sex relationships I don't want the SCHOOL to expose my child to this!!!! I've seen this book & it's gears to Kindergarten age children~ It is not the schools responsibility to tell my young child it's OK to marry another man. If the schools feel this is a topic that needs to be covered then it needs to be reserved for the Junior and/or High School Health Classes
    nikk1331

Answer by nikk1331 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well, First off, I agree with 10:27... it wont turn your child gay. Also, you dont want to make them live in a false world.. they will see gay people and they will have to deal with it... it is your job as a parent to talk to them about those things.... Now i am NOT saying that it was ok... ((I would be upset if it was read to 4th grade && under)) but you would be surprised at how much kids already know, and how mature they are....if it truly upset your SIL... tell her to go and talk to the principal about it...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2008