how can i get my son to walk

my son is 16 months and not walking yet what to i do

tabby23296

Asked by tabby23296 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does he cruise the furniture yet? If hes doing that i wouldnt worry to much hes just not ready to let go yet. My son didnt walk alone till he was 15months and the dr said as long as he was doing it by 18months not to worry.
    You can try encouraging him by placing him between you and daddy stand him up and try to get him to walk back and forth. Also we got our son one of those push behind walking toys he loved it. He will figure he can get some where faster soon dont worry.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• thank you so much i was so worried were u from can u send me a friend request i am new at this and dont know what to do
    tabby23296

Comment by tabby23296 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Is he cruising? I didn't walk until i was 18 months. And I turned out to be quite athletic! Don't worry, he'll get there. Does he stand against the furniture?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Don't worry. Some kids walk later. Just a message about asking the other mom to friend you. She may not look back at the questions she answered, so you can message her by clicking on her name and then looking at her profile to send her a message/friend request.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have a friend whose children do not walk until 18 months. Nothing wrong with them! If he is crawling and progressing normally in other areas, I really would not be concerned!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Nothing. Just let him get there on his own. As long as your doctor isn't concerned about any developmental delays, just let him be.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He will figure it out. It takes a lot of nerves to get go of the furniture. My kids walked at 10m, 16m, 18m, 16m. He will walk just be watching for it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• He holds on to things and he falls and gets back up know he is taking a few steps
    tabby23296

Comment by tabby23296 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My baby is 18 months & just started walking. Hes cautious about new things. He did the cruising the furniture, would stand up with out help, but wouldn't take off. About a month ago he just got up & took off. Walking like he'd been doing it all along. Don't worry. When he's ready he'll take off to. It'll be so cute. Mine does this high stepping thing. It's hilarious. Now he hangs off my pants leg & I have to watch him cause he tries to pull my sweats down on which ever side he has ahold of. GL
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My 13 month old is not walking yet either and he has been letting go and just standing by himself but wont walk. you can teach him how to stand by himself by standing him up and letting go and he will see after so many times that he can do and. well thats what I am doing but my sons development is 3 months behind to tho..
    tenya_novak1029

Answer by tenya_novak1029 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2011