What do you honestly think is going to happen during Winter Solstice in 2012? (Not another "the world will end" post) adult content

Personally, I believe the alignment will indefinitely take place. Now what may result from this Im not completely sure yet. Im just interested in what everyone else thinks will happen..

Below you can see talk of asteroids..

"The alignment of Sun, Moon and the earth on December 21, 2012 is significant because gravitational release of hidden asteroids can take place. The probabilities shown above are in normal circumstances.

However, the probabilities go thirty times higher during galactic alignments. This means that if there is a lose asteroid in a stealth path, it can deviate from its path and come towards the earth. The biggest problem with the terrestrial science is that we cannot see these stealth asteroids till they hit us or go past us."

But it is also mentioned that earthquakes, flooding, shifting of the earths crust/plates are all possibilities once the earths axis wobbles..

"As the Earth turns on its axis every 24 hours, that axis slowly wobbles every 25,920 years. Often called a Great Year, this is almost certainly one of the causes of ice ages. This Great Year is divided into twelve astrological ages, and each of these is 2,160 years long, or ten times the 216 degrees discussed earlier."

So do you think these natural catastrophes will occur and bring with them terrible consequences or do you personally believe people are worrying for no reason and everything will go on as normal?

Please no bashing other peoples opinions.. Just curious as to what others think on the subject!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Regardless of what happens or doesn't happen on or around that date, what can any of us do!? There are no guarantees in life, everyone should live each day as if it were their last! :o)

As for 12/21/12....I'll probably be finishing my Christmas shopping and waxing up my skis!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think it will be cold here because it will be winter.
    Anonymous

• What do I think will happen? The same thing that's been happening for the past however millions of years I guess.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Zombies will come to eat our brains.lol I am kidding for those who lack a sense of humor. I think like a previous poster it will be cold usually in Dec we have a lot of snow and it is cold. Also the stores will be packed since it will only be a few days before Christmas. lol
    Anonymous

• During that Solstice, I will do what we do every year, carry on with our Pagan celebrations. If the world is going to end, or some other cataclysmic event happens, there is nothing we can do about it. I am going to continue trying to enjoy my life while I have it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Actually I have not given it a thought
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i heard NASA told us this wasnt going to happen?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well since God said He wouldn't destroy the earth until after the Millenial Reign, I'm guessing the world won't end. Maybe it'll be colder.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 3:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well, this is certainly more interesting than the "mayans predicted it, so it must be true" theory.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I believe we will celebrate the Yule making cookies like we do every year, eat too many and go to bed slightly sick
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011