Why is my mother being called to court for my father?

My father has never paid child support! I am 21 years old and I am wondering why are they telling her to come court? I heard that they are giving out money. I am not trying to sound anxious but with 2 kids, I could really use the money
Thanks in advance

CollegeMama10

Asked by CollegeMama10 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well it's not really your money if your mom was supporting you. It's money that was owed to her.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Ummmmmm, nothing for nothing. I hope you plan on giving your mom some of the money, she is the one who supported you.... I said this because you said with 2 kids I could really use the money, like your expecting to get it for your self.

I hope for you and your mom, they do give her money she deserves it and so do you....

I hate people that don't pay there child support, don't have sex if you are not going to take care of your child..... :) Sorry, that was just a thought.... :) Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's not grandchild support.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Its your MOM's money, not yours
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My father did not pay child support and when she got it we got none it was to reimburse her for all of the time money and sacrifice she had to do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Im aware of that!! Before people began judging what they dont know, my mother and I have an understanding that I care not to express!! I asked a simple question, and thanks to the two who actually answered the question instead of tryna get smart!! Please if you come across this and plan to answer dont judge me, I know what child support is, just answer the friggin question lol.... BY THE WAY IM NOT UPSET IM JUST SAYING.
    CollegeMama10

Comment by CollegeMama10 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Perhaps the courts really are *that* far behind. Maybe they just got to the paperwork last year or something and are now addressing it ...
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2011