is there anything I can do to get rid of rashes cause by spit-up?

I've been cleaning his face with water twice a day. It's under his chin and back of his neck. I bf if you need to know.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughters did the same. After every feeding I washed their faces and it cleared up on its own. Hope his helps.
    CollegeMama10

Answer by CollegeMama10 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Just keep it as clean as possible. It could be from rubbing too, my babies got rashes on thier necks from the little rolls rubbing. Try baby powder in between cleanings.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• mamasitax2 I went to a baby class they told me thatyou can't use babypowder on infant, b/c originally I was thinking about that
    Amy2079

Comment by Amy2079 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Please bear with me...we all want our children to be so clean and here i am asking you to put yogurt on your babies face. The rash may be an imbalance in his skin and he/she may need to eat ...and wear a little good plain fresh yogurt. This is an old gramma recipe for diaper rash as well and at the first sign of pink on my baby's bottom I always applied yogurt and the redness went away very quickly and the rash NEVER got worse. So if you are willing just spread less than 1/2 teaspoon yogurt on the affected areas and after about an hour you can wipe it off with mild baby soap. All babies benefit from the live cultures in yougrt...it helps digestion and balances the Ph in babies (and adults) It will also kill any yeast infections baby might get in his mouth. good luck
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Clean under his chin and neck after every feeding and keep it dry. If your baby is a drooler put bibs on and change them frequently to keep it dry.
    I wouldn't put any ointments or powders on it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2011