out of ideas

How am I able to get across to people who won't believe info I've told them pertaining to my generalized anxiety disorder? Does anyone else out there take zoloft for GAD? Zoloft doesn't work anymore. How do you cope with worry etc. relatives refuse to listen, talk to me about it, it deeply effected our close relationship we once had. Tired of being accused of making and using excuses because of behaviors which is from GAD illness. Please help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• what is gad/. im trying to figure out what is wrong with me! lol. i want happy pills, and im not sure i know what that is?
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You don't have to explain anything to anyone. Let them think what they like. You know the truth.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• panic disorder here.....
    relatives...all dealt with it too. and they are being so completely cruel to me.
    i was on lexapro for my anxiety and it f'd me up big time....so bad that im afraid to take anymore medications....smh. shame on me.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• General Anxiety Disorder. It's a mental illness that is treatable but not curable. It's constant excessive worrying/ excessive anxiety that interfers with daily functioning of life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I even sent these people web site facts about my mental illness . They purposely avoid me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• All I want is to be accepted. Why is that so hard to ask of them? its like their "impossible people".
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• There is a cure, but it is hard to find the people who are qualified to administer it. None of the drugs worked for me, but I have been living free now for several years, so don't give up. Just keep looking for the person who will be able to help you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My guess is you'll just have to give up trying with them, and just focus on taking care of you the best you know how. When someone struggles with an issue, it seems that everyone else would rather personalize it than be understanding. For example, I have a bad reaction to MSG in food, so I just avoid it. You'd think I'd committed a crime. Family members (esp inlaws) act as if I do it to make them mad...I never request that anyone make food w/o MSG in it for me. And I never make a production of avoiding it. But you'd think I was drowning kittens in the river, the way some people make comments...so, just give up. If they don't want to be supportive, that's their problem, don't make it yours. Anxiety is hard enough as it is.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• zoloft isnt always the best and does not always work for everyone. You need to see a good psych who has plenty of experience with meds. I am now on Pristiq-for depression/anxiesty and it has wonders for me but may not for you. I have tried several others befor I tried this one. I also found a wonderful counceler, I could discuss stuff with him i couldnt with others. I am so much now a better person now that I have been on this. I used to cry and scream and yell. Yoour health is your business and your business only. You dont owe anyone an explanation for anytrhing. Things will be ok, be you for you and take care of your self. I am an RN and I worked with many professionals who have anXIETY DISORDER. Its like hypertension or diabetes. Its treatable with the right medications. There is too much prejudice with mental health disorder. Peope should be ashamed. If you need support or help feel free to send me a note!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011