Class differrences-now what?

Well, yesterday we were invited to the birthday party of one of my daughter's classmates. We came and it turns that they have big house in a very expensive part of the neighborhood. Their daughter invited everyone to see her room, then...my daughter and one other girl loved the room so much that they did not come back missing the happy birthday song, well, yes coming to eat cake, said happy birthday, but then coming right back to her room. They missed all the games and did not want to get out...the other mom did nothing and I asked my daughter to come, but she returned to the room right back. I left her alone, but now I think all the moms officially think that my daughter and me are poor crazy ppl . Social death?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think you're thinking too much into this =) Sounds like she was having a good time in the room, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would let it go maybe it was something new and she enjoyed herself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. Continue to take part in the different invitations you get.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• thanks.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The problem is that i think that after yesterday i might not get any... but maybe i am too worried for no reason.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• why do you think this, did the other moms say anything?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No...they did not say anything, but sometimes' this did not say' is clearly much worse than if they did...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it mama! My 5 year old is the same way no matter who's house we're at. =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Have play dates and friends over and contiue to be social. These feelings should fade over time. Be the good person you are and things will work out. Trust me. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Social death? Really? Your's or her's? Your child will get many more invitations for birthdays, slumber parties, and any other excuse to have party. Kid's are always curious about how other people live. It has nothing to do with money many times. My child attends a private school where some parents are doctors, lawyers, professors, and other highly educated professions. The socio-economic scale goes from middle class to wow. When you don't make it a big deal, don't care about money, then your child won't either.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011