is there such a thing as a bird feeder that will sit on my fence? I don't have fence "posts"... ?? And where do hummingbirds live? I live in FL. Would love to attract them :)

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Could you hang the feeder from your fence?

OP I love this site http://www.hummingbirds.net/
    Anonymous

• link  Here is a clickable link OP.

Anonymous

• Please read about feeding hummingbirds on the internet. Once you start feeding them you will need to keep feeding them all season for they will depend on the food source you have supplied when they build their nests. My friend in Indiana goes through a liter of sugar water PER DAY and fills 4 feeders. You should see the mind boggling amounts of hummingbirds!!! You can , if you have the right sun and soil , plant shrubs and flowering plants which attract the hummers.You can look that up on google as well. My friend keeps her feeders hanging from wires off of the eaves of her house near windows...be aware that sugar water invites ants and bees as well as hummers. good luck.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Hummingbirds LOVE Florida.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/uw059

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• What kind of birds are you trying to feed? All birds or just the hummingbirds? If all birds then you could either buy or build a feeder that could be attached to the fence. if just the hummers, then you could hang those about anywhere. Plant some butterfly bushes & just about any bright colored flowers around your yard. Hummers love them.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i have a handmade birdfeeder sitting on my fence. By plants that attract hummingbirds, or buy some hummingbird food and something to place the feed in and hang it from someplace around your home.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 12:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011