Why would my get sick 7 times in 4 months?

my son has gotten sick with what the doctors say is the common cold and he passes it to everyone in my home every time but 7 times in 4 month is a bit much and I am due to have a baby in less then a week and now he is sick again. I am concerned because I do not know what is causing this and I am afraid for my newborns health when she is born and comes home from the hospital

ChristalMiron

Asked by ChristalMiron at 1:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Do doctors ever tell people to bump up the vitamin C and Zinc any more? Also make sure he is eating lots of vegetables and very little breads and starchy or fried things. If he is old enough give him a muti vitamin every day and lots of vitamin c. Also has he seen a doctor yet? Maybe he has a sinus infection which could have the same symptoms as a cold but possibly needs antibiotics to get over it. Good luck and congratulations on your new baby!
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• How old is your son. Does he go to daycare or school? If so he is getting colds from those places. If not it might be allergies.

Answer by louise2 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's possible that he does have an infection of some sort and it's just not going away - just the symptoms improve, etc. Does he have a sore throat, etc?

If you feel he's picking up something more than is healthy for him, press the doctor to do bloodwork or keep looking. Sometimes we have to advocate for our kids to get what they need.

Good luck and congrats on your new little one! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Is it possible that you have some mold somewhere in your home? Other then that he may just be susceptible to all kinds of germs he may have allergies or any other # of things.

Congrats on the newest addition to your family =)

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• A sinus infection can linger for a long long time. My kiddos were having a problem with that.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 1:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It comes and goes and it is the same cold or virus....but it would help to give your kids vitamins and pure 100% orange juice and avoid sugary,empty calories. And make sure everyone always washes their hands after coughing and sneezing, etc.Germs will stay on door knobs,toys,things in the kitchen,etc.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• breast feed your baby for better health! is your son getting enough sleep? is there a humidifier in your home?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• he might have an infection of some sort or if he is in daycare he be getting re-exposed from there push more vitamin C and try to avoid any sugary drinks; wash your hands several times especially after using the bathroom, sneezing, coughing or handling anything raw meats or it could be allergies sometimes a cold is mistaken for allergies because the symptoms are similar you may want to take him to an allergist to be certain
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:59 PM on May. 11, 2011