How does one start an Ebay business?

I am cleaning out my house. I have already gotten some stuff to the Thrift store, but I saved back a few tubs of things that I thought I might be able to make a few bucks off of. I have never bought or sold on Ebay so I'll take any advice.

SashaJ

Asked by SashaJ at 10:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• If you want to use a drop shipper, be sure you use one that's certified by Ebay. There are only a handful who are. I use http://tinyurl.com/ebaydropship. They charge a monthly fee, but other than that you only pay for an item after you sell it and have been paid for it. They have a 14 day free trial so you can see if it's right for you before you spend 1 dime
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Just open up an account on ebay, read thru their policies. If you have any questions, be sure to read the stuff under the Community tab, such as Q & A... anything you may need to know you will find there. You might want to open up a Paypal account and viola.. you are ready.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Why don't you try listing your stuff in some of the selling groups here on CM or Craigs List? eBay charges you a fee to list your items then adds more to the total sale price including the shipping. Then you have to pay PayPal fees. If you are selling your "used" items for $3 or $5 you might as well take everything to the Thrift Store b/c you won't make any money on FeeBay. There are several places to sell your items for free, do a Google Search.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008