If a lady has an abortion, do you feel that she will love and protect the next child that she has?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• yeah, i think people have abortions for reasons we may never know or begin to know and that its a very personal choice. i dont see why she wouldnt love and protect the next child
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Every situation is different. I absolutel believe that she CAN love and protect the next child that she has.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• why wouldn't she? maybe the circumstances surrounding the first pregnancy weren't ideal for her to bring a baby into the world, and this time around she has her life together and is ready for motherhood. one of my best friends got an abortion at 17, she's now 23 and doesn't have any kids (and no more abortions, either) but i know now she's in a better place in her life if she were to get pregnant again.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes I do.

Answer by louise2 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i would like to think a mother would 'love and protect' any child they had..sadly, that is not always the case, whether they've had abortions or not.
    having an abortion does not make one a terrible person, or unfit, unloving mother.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes, why wouldn't she? I'm guessing she wouldn't have the baby if she didn't want to.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm not sure you can call someone a "lady" who has an abortion. I think she can love the other child because I feel that most people who have abortions see it as choosing not to have a potential child, not the way it really is as killing their own baby.
    Anonymous

• Some people never had an abortion and do not take care of their kids.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes. They can. I have seen mothers who have never had abortion and are crappy mothers. Case in point: My adopted brother's birth mother. The stories i could tell about her.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would hope they love the second one twice as much. and be grateful to see the baby grow up.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011