Want to share my amazing experience.

Say what you will about fasting (slows down metabolism, not good for you, blah blah blah. I have been led to do a water fast for 10 days. I am on my 5th day. I used to be completely obsessed with my body, weight, appearance, food, ect. So I fasted for freedom, but deep down I was doing it b/c I wanted to lose weight. God has revealed so many amazing blessings to me, but the first is this, my body, was my false idol. I was more concerned with what I looked like and how I felt than with God and spending time with him. I never took time for my spirit. Never even thought about it. Just turned to food for my depression instead of God. And the amazing thing is that He ever so gently revealed this to me, and instead of punishing me for my sin He has blessed me with the knowledge that I need Him everysingle day. I need His word. Fasting is such a miracle!
Anyone else had an amazing experience you want to share?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow. so glad to hear of this wonderful experience, but when you fast there seems to be a spiritual reaction to depleting your body of calories, it has happened to me too. Good for you mom!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• That's awesome :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thank you for sharing your blessing, God is everywhere. he is such a great protecter!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011