Weird sleeping habits for your baby

my little girl is a month old and the only way we can get her to stay asleep is if we put her in a snow suit in her bassinet. Does anyone have any other weird ways to get there baby to sleep

Sexyfox09

Asked by Sexyfox09 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would imagine the snowsuit restricts her movements, just like swaddling would - so it makes perfect sense to me. Just make sure she doesn't get overheated! I started laying my kids down to sleep when they were awake as soon as they were born, so no weird ideas here.

Answer by missanc at 1:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Aww as little as she is, she's probably missing being all snug and cozy inside mommy :)

How precious is that!?

Mine all have odd quirks - lol - my 5 y/o wants his face covered and feet out. LOL

My 10 month old was premature and I believe she was drug and alcohol exposed before birth and then via breastfeeding after she was born... she still wants to be swaddled very snuggly and if she could sleep in the car seat all bundled up, she would be thrilled.

Congrats on your addition :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm sorry, but that is the most hilariously cute thing I've ever heard.

My daughter has this glowing seahorse, and sometimes she likes to lick it before falling asleep.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 1:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Hate to be a debbie downer... but don't you worry about SIDS or overheating? Or do you just keep the room freezing cold to make up for the snow suit? It seems that maybe she's sleeping longer because she's too warm.

I would honestly prefer to wake every few minutes with my child than to put them in a snowsuit and risk them never waking up.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my son is 2 months and he loves to sleep with two blankets around him and one on him if te blanket is touching his face then he sleeps just fine. but the secondyou move te blanket from next to his head he wakes up. he was a premiee and tey kept his bodytemp at 99.5 in the NICU so now he has to be warm to be comfy
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 2:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i know about sids and we live in north dakota its freezing so she wont over heat and its just she loves the car seat so we figured this would keep her warm...and thanks
    Sexyfox09

Comment by Sexyfox09 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2011