Brown spotting... Who else spotted?

I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and had brown in my undies this morning and then wiped brown. This didn't happen with ny first so it is freaking me out! I know I have read that it is common but I am still wondering. I go to the Dr. on Wed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never had it with my first two. But my third I had some brown spotting at about 6 weeks and 9 weeks. Then it never happened again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had it with all 3 of my kids just rty and rest as much as you can and talk to the dr when you go. Congrats on the new little addition you're going to be having
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have read that it is common but you can ask when you are at the Dr. on Wednesday just so he/she is aware and can monitor this if necessary.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i had brown spotting when i had BV, which can happen in pregnancy and isnt an std! in your first trimester they give you a gel that you insert into your lady parts and it should clear up!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Brown is old blood. As long as it doesn't start looking more red, you're probably okay. However, it might be a good idea to get your progesterone levels checked.
    Kerrigan357

Answer by Kerrigan357 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Your doctor will prob. Check your crevic. Brown blood is not new blood.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• spotting is common, and necessarily doesn't mean the worst, so don't worry and don't forget to tell your doctor when you go!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm also 7 weeks and had brown spotting for a week during my 6th week. I also had BV and once I was able to get that under control the bleeding stopped. But the brown is old blood. My doc always told me not worry unless it turned red. I know it's not easy, but try to relax and make sure to mention it to your doc when you go.
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 4:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2011