Baby Wise? What is it?

I saw this on Facebook on someone page where their baby wasn't sleeping good. Is it a book or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This is what I found when I googled it. Baby Wise Book

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yea, it's an infant training method. "eat play sleep"... You're supposed to do those thing in order on a certain schedule to prevent baby from eating to often or fall asleep eating. It also involves CIO, if I'm not mistaken. It's been linked to failure to thrive, especially in breastfed infants.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Wow... I need to proofread. Just pretend I used the right "too" and put S's where they belong and "ing" where it belongs.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's controversial. People either hate it or love it. You get lots of comments on this website about it. I used the method with my kids and it worked. But, you have to make your own decision about what if right for you and your family.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's a parenting philosophy, which includes feeding, sleeping, etc. I used it for all 5 of my kids. They all slept at least 8 hours/night by 2 months, and 12 hours/night by 6 months. They are all healthy, happy, well adjusted kids.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011