I think my 14month old has a wart on his finger...

is this bad? Do i need to take him to the doctor?

Patience909

Asked by Patience909 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would because they can spread..... and with them putting their hands in their mouth .....

My son had his removed from his foot though by a NP in the peds practice.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Warts are from a virus. Kids can pick them up anywhere! It's not "bad" per se. There are many options for treatment. Ask his Dr. what their preferred method of treatment is. They might even suggest something over the counter.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Have you tried any over the counter therapies yet? There are several antifungal creams you can try...make sure to cover it with a bandage or gauze though in case the child is still into putting fingers in the mouth....you dont have to bring your child in, just call the doctors office, it'll save you so much hassle
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• they have over the counter things you can buy to freeze the wart and kill it
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2011