Question for Military!

I am moving tomorrow and the Marine Corps is doing it (TMO). I was told not to pack anything but personal items such as jewelry and paperwork. I feel weird not packing so I have been lol! Has anyone ever gone through this program and what should I expect??

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• well the way it worked in the Army anyway (and im sure the moving systems are about the same) you either can pack your own stuff or you don't have to, and the movers will literally move EVERYTHING in your house. my mom was a military brat and the movers sent their old trashcan with trash still inside LOL. when my husband got out of the army, i went to our old apartment and started packing some boxes. when they were shipped to my new house, everything was re-packed differently. so i think even if you do pack your little household stuff, they might un-do it and pack it the way they like it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• This will be our second move with the military. The first was a ditty (we packed and moved ourselves) but with my husband gone, I wanted them to do it. I'm going to pack my under garments and put them in my truck and I guess just leave the rest?? This is so foreign to me!
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• they will pack everything...just make sure you have your clutter cleaned up....u dont want to be unpacking a bunch of junk when u get there! They really will pack up every little thing for you, and they want to pack it all because they are responsible if it breaks. They will most likely repack everything that you have done. Just get everything you are carrying with you and get it away from the stuff they are packing. put it in an empty room and block the room off from the packers.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thank you so much. I have been pretty nervous about the unknown.
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• they will pack everything and the reason for them to pack is if anything gets broken or lost they are responsible for it. If there is something you don't want them to pack, and you want to take it yourself then take it out of the room and put someplace where they are not allowed to take.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 12:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011