Another test. Grr. . .

I am 34 weeks and 3 days prego. :) I had my bi-weekly check up yesterday. At my next appointment they are testing me to see if I am a carrier or host for the Group B Streptococcus bacterial virus. If I test positive I will have to be on antibiotics during delivery. It doesn't sound too intense I guess. My doctor said only about 40% of pregnant women are carriers.
The process in which they test for it don't sound to fun but what ones are really. lol

Just curious has anyone been diagnosed with this? Should I be worried? I tend to stress about things like this.

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 10:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hi,
    I have not been in your position BUT, i wanted to say if the doctor isn't worried you prob shouldn't either. You don't want to put any stress on your baby.

Congratulations On Your Pregnancy!

Ashley
    TulsaMomOf2

Answer by TulsaMomOf2 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is not a big deal. Do not worry too much. It happens to a lot of women. It is just a simple case of some antibiotics as your Dr says. Believe me if it was something to worry about your Dr would let you know, OBs are the biggest worry worts known to man,
    nycte

Answer by nycte at 11:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have been Positive before,

But Negitive in this pregnancy,

Its just a bacteria thing that is around your V, its HARMLESS to you and its not Sexually trasnmitted its just somthing our V produces

And of course many women dont beleive they have this when honestly they do. EVERY woman has this,

It just can go away in the matter of a day or two, !!
    It comes and it goes as quickly as it happens, it doesnt cause no discomfort for you, and you dont even know you got it,
    Dont read everything you see on the web about this i started freaking out when i read what it could do to my little one, i on the other hand....did have a c-section because i was too small to push the little baby out
    so i didnt have to really worry about this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2008