i am a mother to a five and half (almost six) month old and i just found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant! my husband and i are happy but worried about having a one yr old with a new born. do any of you moms have any advise on how to handle everything?

noahsmommy123

Asked by noahsmommy123 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Congrats to you! You'll be fine! Try and get them on the same nap schedule and eventually feeding schedule that will save time and when #2 gets bigger you will be able to bathe them together! Dont forget to make special time for #1 especially when the new baby comes (you'll both need an enjoy it) and if you can try and do at least a monthly date night with DH. Accept as much help as you can!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• try and get them on a shedule where they sleep and nap at some of the same times. my son was 17 months old when dd was born. it was hard but we manged. however make sure that u also get time by URSELF. plus if u can get ur older one to help get diapers and wipes. ds loved to be able to get sissys wipes and blankets. she was on a monitor for sleep apena and if i was out of the room doing something and it went crazy he started shaking her and yelling mommy. he is her protector
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 1:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think the beginning will be tough, but once the baby can crawl and sit and be a little independent, I think it will be great. The 2 kids will keep each other busy. They will almost be like twins.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My first DD was 15 months when our second was born. It wasn't much more difficult than with one. I had them pretty much on the same schedule and the older one didn't really get jealous of the baby or need extra attention.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It takes a little adjusting and getting use to but it isn't that hard to raise a newborn and a toddler. Your pregnancy will fly by way faster than with your first! Mine are now 3 and 15 months and play great together.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Congratulations! A friend of mine had a baby in January of 2009 and then another one in December of 2009 and is expecting her third in June of this year. She said she loves having them so close.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ok thats what i was thinking lol thank you guys
    noahsmommy123

Comment by noahsmommy123 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• congrats! my ds is 9 months old and i'm about 16weeks prego with #3. i'm nervous like you, but have been told that they'll do great together. my cousins were born 17 months apart and my aunt said everything went fine! good luck!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My girlies are 11 months apart born Jan 2005 and Dec 2005. It was rough at first but, my 3 y/o kept the older baby entertained because he just loved playing with her. Once the younger one is moving around and playing the older one will like it. My girls are very close to each other and while I don't recommend it having them close isn't awful.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I wish I could give you better advice, but the only meaningful thing I can think of to tell you is this: Once you see this with yours, you'll realize that you will love figuring out how to handle it all, because this is the most beautiful picture I've seen.

My sons:

Chaz, 13 months and 3 days, and minutes old Sully meeting for the first time:

SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 2:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011