Sense of Entitlement?

Seriously, I do not know how to handle it anymore.
My hub feels like everything should be given to him. He doesn't ask when he takes things. We live in a rental that is owned by my parents and anything here that they bought, for example the air mattress, hub thinks he can take it on a camping trip? Seriously? Are you kidding? That's not ours, that's theirs! He asked "why not??". Wow.
He's careless with things and i'm really getting tired of it. I don't know how much more I can handle. He punched a hole in the wall the other day (again...we RENT FROM MY PARENTS!) and HIS dad comes over and fixes the wall...he bought all the stuff for it too! UGH.
How do people handle this? I can't stand it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I couldnt!! Good Luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sounds like he is a little immature, or a lot. Reminds me of my ex, who has taken his own parents for thousands, and openly admits he's taking advantage of them. You have to look at your value system vs. his and decide whether or not it's worth continuing a relationship with someone who differs from you on values. That's something that will come up over and over again in the relationship and I learned the hard way that I can't be with someone whose values clash with mine. Good luck sista!
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I couldn't either. Good luck.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sounds like my ex too! I left him for the same reason. We were graciously offered to rent my moms second home for really cheap providing we saved money toward a home to own one day. After 5 years, he refused to put any of his earnings in a savings account and considering I was at home raising the kids, he was the only one to put that money in the bank. When confronted, he brushed it off. Since we've been divorced, I've watched him walk all over his dad and get money out of him and never pay it back. His dad keeps doing it though so I've concluded that his dad never stopped spoiling him and complained about it but still continues with the cycle. Until his dad stops the cycle, his son will never learn.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 2:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sound like my mil! Living with us and totally taking advantage! Good luck to you and me!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 5:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Get out now while you can leave with what he has, sounds like nothing. I ve been there done that. Yopu should want more for yourself and you kids!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It sounds like everyone around him has always catered to him and he's never had to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. It will be difficult if not impossible to change him if everyone around him doesn't stop picking up his messes for him. I'm really not sure what you can do, maybe try to get him to see the error of his ways.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011