is it ok for my 11 month old to eat a whole banana everyday?

she refuses babyfood so in the mornings ive started giving her half a banana. i cut it in half and give it to her and she snacks on it. well i decided one day to give her the whole thing and she will eat a whole banana. is it ok for her to eat them everyday?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it doesn't cause constipation for her I think it's fine.

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm pretty sure she can get constipated from it. So balance it out with an apple or something with a ton of fiber.

Answer by CABlonde at 2:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• sure. i give my daughter bananas almost everyday and i did it when she was 11months old also. she loves bananas. she points at it now and says it when she wants it. she is 22 months. you can always just do it in parts. half in the morning and half in the afternoon. all and all i love that she loves bananas.

Answer by lambdarose at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my boys get constipated if I give em a banana everyday, but they also have sensitive digestive systems, if your daughter doesnt have any problems than I dont see any harm in a banana everyday

Answer by My2boys0523 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• What they said.

Try giving her avocado right from the skin, baked sweet potato chunks as well...she doesn't have to have baby food at all. She can eat real foods in chunks for her to pick up and eat.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You should try giving her mix frui, is better for her. half of banana, pieces of apple and some grapes or strawberry. My lil one is 16 months old and eat a whole banana and doesnt get constipated. Just try the fruit mix instead and dont give banana everyday

Answer by yari79 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Like the others have said, try offering other foods, too, for variety. But the whole banana shouldn't be a problem unless it constipates her.

Answer by beshka76 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i give my dd one almost everyday! she loves them! she is also 11 months!

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Like others have said, watch for constipation, try to balance it with some high fiber fruit, like apples (Steamed apples were DS's favorite). But there is no other reason to be concerned. ;)

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011