Has anyone tried the Special K diet?

The one that comes on the cereal box lose 6lbs in 2 weeks? if so does it work? is it really worth it?

miamigrl86

Asked by miamigrl86 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I asked this same questions last week.

It works, not healthy in any way though.

They want you to substitue your meals for one bowl of cereal for 2 weeks. It's not healthy nor worth it.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i have but i was too hungry on it. and the cereals started to get too repetitive and didn't taste good anymore. it just wasn't the diet for me, i prefer weightwatchers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i haven't, was thinking about it, but i agree, i can't replace 2 meals with a bowl of cereal...
    asil

Answer by asil at 2:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• yea that is what i was thinking to do to try it for those 2 weeks then go to weight watchers... weight watchers really is the best... i started the Special K today but i feel hungry maybe i should go straight to weight watchers
    miamigrl86

Comment by miamigrl86 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Tried it, was hungry constantly and didn't lose weight. I lasted 4 days before I started to get the spins and shakes because my blood sugar was too low.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• o wow.... thats not good
    miamigrl86

Comment by miamigrl86 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i think you should just do the weight watchers, or maybe incorporate a little of the special k diet into the weightwatchers diet. like eat the special k breakfast (bowl of cereal, fruit and coffee) and plug it into your points system. what i like about weight watchers is how personalized it is, it starts you off with a set of points based on your current weight. you're not starving on this diet and you eventually learn what foods are best for you to eat.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I am a cereal lover. I could do it but have never tried it. However I do know that there are more options than just cereal. they have snacks, waters and cereal bars. Plus if you look up a list of negative calorie foods (list of foods that burn up more calories to digest than the foods have in them) then you can keep from being hungry on this diet or any diet.
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 2:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I did the Special K diet and did lose a good amount of weight in 2 weeks. I wasn't hungry at all - 2 bowls of cereal, plus a regular meal, plus 3 snacks? That's at least as much as I normally eat in a day!

Answer by missanc at 2:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I want to try it, but not sure if I could really substitute 2 meals for 2 weeks. I love Special K cereal but have never tried any of their other products. I will say, their Chocolately Delight cereal is DELICIOUS and actually a great way to curb the sweet craving :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2011