Does exercise or yoga really help with stress and give you more energy?

Last month of pregnancy and everything stresses me and I cry over EVERYTHING. I hope I'm not the only one who this has happened to. But I hear that exercise and yoga helps relieve some stresses and helps with energy. True?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I have heard that from so many people. I had three babies within 4 years and I was so busy and got so much exercise, I
    just didn't feel like crying ...until my third pregnancy . He was a big baby and my pelvis hurt when I had to walk,,and we lived on the 4th floor of an AIr Force Base housing building in Germany with NO ELEVATOR. Ugh. Some days I just sat down and cried. But after he was born,I felt great. I didn't know about Yogas then but I bet it would have helped my mood. I do go to Yoga classes now and it is so relaxing and I sleep well every night.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Your ob will guide you but I always benefited from walking throughout my five pregnancies, especially during the last month when the nesting urge becomes so strong. If you practiced pilates prior to pregnancy, you will be more flexible and your back and abs will be stronger to support the baby weight. Something to remember to try a few months after the birth. Yoga positions are difficult during the third trimester if you have not practiced yoga. Just walk and enjoy your last days of anticipation. Ambivalent feelings are normal prior to the first baby. Enjoy your new motherhood...it passes all too quickly.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 2:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• yes or at least this is what ive heard
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I'm 30 weeks and I'm hormonal as you are, just too lazy to exercise so I wouldn't know! I have heard it helps though. I'll bump for you.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• yes!
    janeosborne

Answer by janeosborne at 8:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011